I've kind of suspected my grizzly 6" jointer did not have the blades
parallel to the outfeed, so after ripping and jointing a few rough sawn
cherry boards, I decided to use the "jointer pal" I had bought some time
ago. I'd previously used the tool included with the jointer to set them.
Anyways, I accidently "tightened" one blade the wrong way, turned on the
machine, and it jammed. Fortunately, the blade wasn't damaged! I reset
that, and commenced to try another board...what the??? I'm getting a
definite V shaped cut!
So I check the blades again, everything is fine.Turn it on, Jam city!
Only this time its pretty tight, and I can't rotate it by hand.
I wind up having to take the fence off, and find that the cutterhead
pulley and belt are rubbing on the cast iron wing the fence assembly
sits on. No problem...I'll use my new air die grinder to notch that
sucker. I get a air nipple (from HF) and screw it into the grinder, and
try to put it in the air hose connecter...it won't fit! (HF too) So I
examine a nipple that works to the other one. Some differences...so I
chuck the nipple in my sherline lathe and make some quick cuts...that
works, although it leaks air at the connection now...worry about that
later...grind the part, test fit it, grind some more, test, put the
fence back on, put the tables back up (lowered them looking for the
problem), get everything back in square, and now it runs fine.
Now it even takes uniform cuts.
Now to figure out what to make with the cherry...