Grizzly Jointer

I am looking to buy a jointer in the next couple of weeks. Grizzly offers one for about $325 while Jet and Delta run in the mid $500. Are the Jet and Delta worth the extra $$? Any input is appreciated.

Scott

Reply to
Scott Linn

Purchased the 1182z on sale for $325 2 weeks ago. The machine works fine and appears to be indentical to the Jet which sells for $500.

Reply to
Chuck Frank

Have used 5 different Grizzlys, 3 different Deltas and a few Jets....My money always goes to Grizzly!

Reply to
Just Dave

I can't speak to the Delta or Jet - I've owned the 1182 and now the 1182z and have been happy with both - they work great.

Don

Reply to
V.E. Dorn

Scott,

I have had the 325.00 grizzly jointer for 8 years....never had an issue. When i first started woodworking, i had limited funds, so i went grizzly....jointer, table saw, drill press, and band saw...I love all of them aside from the table saw. the saw itself is fine, but the fence BLOWS. I am finally ready for a delta uni or a PM66...so that's nice...good luck with your decision. I look around my shop, and the tools i use the least are the ones that are allowed to have shortcomings, as they are used much less frequently. The table saw and jointer, however, are another story. And the grizzly jointer has been there every single time without issue.

bb

Reply to
bosco

If you look in the archives for Sunhill Machinery you'll see quite a few good postings on it. Total cost with shipping was like $380 or something and it's better than the Grizzly (Jet uses the same manufacturer in fact -- GeeTech is what they're called).

If you do get the Grizzly, be sure to get the welded single piece base (one step up from where you're looking). At that point, the Sunhill is cheaper :)

Mike

Reply to
Mike in Idaho

Which fence is on your table saw? Is it the Bies clone or the ShopFox one?

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

I've got the Jet, and have been completely happy with it. I can not comment as to what may make it better than the Grizzly, but will only say that if you get the Jet, you will likely love it.

Reply to
effinperfectionist