jointer funny

For some reason I just surfed over to look at Grizzly jointers. I clicked on the 20", $8,000 jointer for the hell of it. I just thought this was funny:

*Approximate shipping weight: 1765 lbs.

Includes: FREE Pair of Safety Push Blocks

Yippie hah! FREE push blocks! Hot damn. Who do I make the check out to?

Reply to
Silvan

Reminds me of a friend who went to an auto show where they had a beautiful Rolls Royce on display behind velvet ropes to keep it from getting disfigured by the grubby fingerprints of the hoi polloi. My buddy leaned over the rope asked the guy who was on guard duty, "Does it come with AM and FM?"

Lee

Reply to
Lee Gordon

Don't laugh too hard. Mercedes used to charge extra for metallic paint, and listed a "customization charge" if the car was ordered with options.

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

Some German manufacturers still charge for metallic paint. IIRC BMW is one. And, My wife and I bought a 2004 Honda Accord EX in July. The Red metallic that we chose is only available in the EX model. The EX being more expensive than the DX or LX models would indicate to me that the Red Metallic paint is Extra also.. :~) Try pricing a 1005 Corvette today or tomorrow. The local Chevy dealers in Houston are marking them up $15,000.

Reply to
Leon

I know you mean 2005, but imagine a 1005 'vette?

Wooden wheels, stone bumpers roped in place, maybe two horsepower...

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

Yeah.... That was my type-o correction from 2205. LOL

Reply to
Leon

Make check out to ,Grizzly Industrial mike

Reply to
kwoodhands

Right. The 2205 model with FTL drive . . :)

Reply to
Charles Krug

Gotta expect to pay a premium for a quality antique.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Gordon

On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 18:41:49 GMT, Charles Krug calmly ranted:

I didn't know that Fruit-of-The-Loom MADE stardrives. ;) "Now featuring RAMSCOOP by Brussard Ramjet Corp!"

Reply to
Larry Jaques