Jewelry box repair person needed

I lost my parents earlier this year and have taken possession of my mothers jewelry box. It's nothing fancy, but means the world to me. It is a wood frame with some type of leather or leather type material covering. My parents were married for 55 years and I have no idea of when she came into possession of this jewelry box. The outer material is tattered and torn and I want to get it recovered with a new lock on it. I have tried my local upholstry shop and they said it would not be worth their time (needless to say, I'll never go back) and now I am searching the web. Please if there is anyone out there who can restore this for me, please email me directly and I can email you photos so you can see it to make the decision if you can do it and at what cost. Thank you snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
pjdonaldson

Can I suggest you visit a local nunnery or visit a couple of churches in your vicinity. Ask the reverand for the nearest nunnery they will cover this item for you, also choose your own material to take with you. This will probably cost you a small donation to the church or charity group.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

I never knew this, thank you and I will look into it. Also thank you to the people emailing me, I thought all hope was lost. I really want to pass this item down to my daughter when she is old enough to appreciate it and now it looks like I might be able to to it :)

Reply to
pjdonaldson