Jewelery Chest"s" for Christmas

I posted pictures of a couple of Jewelry Chests that I built for may wife and a customer/neighbor on a.b.p.w.

I would love to hear you thoughts and or questions.

Reply to
Leon

"Leon" wrote

I showed the pictures to my wife. She asked who they were for. I said your neighbor and your wife. She says. 'Why didn't he make me one too"?

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Tell her that I don't recall her placing an order. ;~) On line these go for over $2K each.

This is the one that inspired me.

Leon

Thank you.

Here is where I got over all sizes and my inspiration.

> Now post some pics with doors closed and others drawers opened. Then

There is a second post with the doors closed. The buld of the wood is hard Maple and I used Tiger Maple veneer on the drawer fronts. The front door panels, darler trim inside the chest and trim on the outer bottom moulding is Spalted Live Oak.

OK. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

I like them(it). Can't see the second one. I was looking for shapes/ sizes for a pair for my kids. I will steal some of your ideas.

Now post some pics with doors closed and others drawers opened. Then tell us what the wood is and why you chose Lee Valley brass.

Later there will be a test so stay sharp.

Pete :)

Reply to
cselby

Thu, Dec 20, 2007, 1:07am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@swbell.net (Leon) doth quary: I would love to hear you thoughts and or questions.

Holy bat guano Leon, keep those things for yourself, and put some really nice tools or sumpthin' in them. Or, you could probably sell them as fancy tool chests for big bucks.

JOAT I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do them.

- Picasso

Reply to
J T

"Leon" wrote

Your wife and neighbor hereby sucketh! That's some magnificent woodworking, and the spalted oak veneer gives a beautiful, and very unique, touch to each piece.

Well done, Leon!!

Reply to
Swingman

A little too small for tools. LOL If you take another look I posted a reply with a picture of a tool box that I built last Spring.

Reply to
Leon

A very warm and sincere Thank you, Swingman.

Reply to
Leon

"Leon" wrote

Yabbut ... from the looks of it, that's not a toolbox, it's a big "His" jewelery box. ;)

Reply to
Swingman

I only wish I could access A.B.P.W to see this beautiful work.

Andy

Reply to
Andy H

Look here;

may take a week or two to update sometimes.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Thu, Dec 20, 2007, 4:08pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@swbell.net (Leon) doth sayeth: A little too small for tools. LOL If you take another look I posted a reply with a picture of a tool box that I built last Spring.

Yeah, I went back and saw the tool box. Way too nice for my shop. But I'd keep the jewelery box for those small 'spensive tools, and if I didn't have any, I'd buy some.

JOAT My memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory is not as sharp as it used to be.

Reply to
J T

If you would like I could e-mail you the 10 pictures and having High Speed internet would be good.

Reply to
Leon

Same here, but there's a slower workaround. If you go here,

, you can see it in a few days. I'm anxiously awaiting this site to update

Reply to
Tanus

psst. Could you include me too please?

Reply to
Tanus

Is that a copy of everything posted to ABPW? I hope so!

Thanks Andy

Reply to
Andy H

I think so. There's another site too that posts ABPW, which is at

. I find this one to be slower than delorie, but it's also another source if you're looking for binaries from other NGs.

Reply to
Tanus