Jake's Chair

I've not been as active in supporting the Jake's Chair as I once was, but after doing a Google search, I see that many sites still offer the background, plans etc. for building it.

was the first one I visited, and it seems to have the full featured set.

I stopped supporting or responding to questions about the Jake's Chair after we had a house fire in our Raleigh home. Before the fire, I was getting somewhere in the order of 10-25 questions, photos of completed chairs or comments a day. The chair and footstool were designed and the plans made with the concept that the drawings could be printed out by any printer onto standard sheets of typing paper. The woodworker, would then redraw the parts full sized onto any template stock, cut them out and use them for the actual pattern pieces. As mentioned, there are absolutely NO critical curves or shapes- your imagination and ingenuity can run rampant if you so choose.

If any of you all have built one, it'd be fun to hear from you and your experiences. I know of at least one a**hole who took my plans said that they were his own creation, and started selling them to the unsuspecting. However, the real plans are free online, so enjoy!

Reply to
Nonny