It still matches pretty good! :)

I think I've mentioned I was/am moving the old PM180 planer to the NE corner of the old barn...in doing so I also upgraded the phase converter and returned the borrowed one to its owner...when powered up again, the motor mount which I knew had a couple (I _thought_ small and minor) cracks let loose enough to raise the drive end up where the pulley hit the belt guard solidly---so, yesterday I dissassembled and realized it needed some welding...

Anyway, did that today and remembered being told the Rustoleum rattle can hammered metallic dark green was a good match for the old Powermatic so I went to town and got a can and, by golly!! they're right! Ain't absolutely perfect, but it surely isn't bad enough to be glaringly noticeable! I only touched up the burnt spots so they'd be covered again, but perhaps since it needs some other TLC that has been neglected for the 15 yr since moving back to the farm, just _maybe_ it'll get a full face lift... :)

Anyway, nothing of real import, just kinda' "pleased as punch!" as was able to straighten and add a continuing bead that should be enough to hold and it looks pretty good after besides...

I'll let it dry overnight and try to get it back on the machine tomorrow and post a pic or two of it in its new home...

Reply to
dpb

Good for you! I'll be awaiting pictures. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

I think I've had a maintenance task, or two, as that, before. It's like visiting a long lost friend. It's "taken care" of you and, now, you've returned the favor.

Yeah, if I recall, I think the barn work (restoration?) was/is ongoing. Let's see some updated pics of that jewel, also.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

On 05/22/2016 8:51 PM, Sonny wrote: ...

Well, sadly there's really nothing to report on that front excepting for the aging paint that really failed prematurely on the old weathered siding despite all the effort and time we put into it...

It was trying to get to the point of being able to fabricate the windows that lead to the decision needed to go ahead on the rearrangement of the shop to get set up where had a reasonable working space that led to the present status...

Unfortunately, since the other posting, a field inspection showed some weed and fungus (wheat "rust") issues that have more pressing need to get taken care of so it's on the back burner again for a while...then, harvest is going to be early this year owing to the mild winter so who knows when....???

Reply to
dpb

I recently acquired a 1964 PM 141 bandsaw (and model 30 sander) that are in desperate need of paint. Any tips on spraying the Rustoleum and surface prep tricks (primer, etc.) for a lasting finish? I'm not trying to museum restore them or anything, just make them look purdy...

TIA!

-BR

Reply to
Brewster