It's Nice and Quiet

Is it me or has anyone else noticed how quiet and civil it has been on the wreck the past week or so??

Reply to
RKON

"RKON" wrote in

... all the Democrats have gone to Boston?

Reply to
Swingman

Even Genghis Khan stopped for a breather every now and then.

Reply to
mttt

Not all of us. Some of us have to stay home and make money so we can pay the bills the Republicans are running up.

Charlie Self "When you appeal to force, there's one thing you must never do - lose." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Reply to
Charlie Self

Knock on wood.

(Get it? Wood? ON TOPIC!)

(I slay me).

-jbb

Reply to
J.B. Bobbitt

Yeah. Real woodworkers are genuine gentlemen. And don't ask me why, they just are.

Reply to
Phisherman

"J.B. Bobbitt" wrote in news:iYCKc.23691$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr27.news.prodigy.com:

Is it time for another safety discussion??? ;-)

Patriarch

Reply to
patriarch

When people ask me if I am a Dem or a Rep I reply neither. I'm a taxpayer !!

Rich

Reply to
RKON

On 18 Jul 2004 22:03:41 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) calmly ranted:

^^^^^^^^^^^ You misspelled "all politicians" there, Charlie.

- Press HERE to arm. (Release to detonate.) -----------

Website Application Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Tax and spend, borrow and spend, it's all the same. What we _need_ are politicians that don't spend, but that would require that a new party come to prominence.

Reply to
J. Clarke

You just can not help yourself, can you Charlie.

Dave

Reply to
TeamCasa

He didn't start bringing politics into it...

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Some of you really need to get your political panties untwisted so you can begin to appreciate the lighter side of life.

Reply to
Swingman

I fear that even that would only be a temporary solution. What is really needed is some way to ensure that the politicians of any political party cannot buy reelection votes with our tax money - pork barrel projects, various give-away and entitlement programs, and the whole idea of government being the be-all, end-all solver of (meddler in?) all problems.

But I do agree with the subject of this thread. Except for one or two flareups, looks like the fires are out. So quiet it's kinda scary!

Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

Reply to
Tom Veatch

Really? One suggestion: since you've lost your sense of humor, which Swingman seems not to have done...ah, piss on it. I remember back when I was a Republican and the only thing funny was something that was sad for someone else.

Charlie Self "When you appeal to force, there's one thing you must never do - lose." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Reply to
Charlie Self

You sound like you're still a closet Republican. EARNING money? Working?

With the tax cut, you can even keep a bit more ... for now.

Reply to
George

Sorry Charlie, I thought it was pretty funny!

I see you are quoting Eisenhower now. Didn't he order the secret overthrow of Iran's government and Mosaddeq? Operation Ajax?

Funny how history repeats itself.

See, I do have a sense or humor!

Dave

Reply to
TeamCasa

"Normally" the switch goes the other way as we age, right?

Wasn't it Winston who said "A man under 30 who is not a liberal, has no heart. And a man over thirty who is not a conservative, has no brain."

I guess it likely depends on the candidate each party puts forth.

Reply to
patrick conroy

I find it odd that people complain about the bills the R's are running up, but it STILL isn't enough for the D's.

Wayne

P.S. Cut the federal budget by 50% for a start.

Reply to
NoOne N Particular

Why stop there? If the government spent only for the purposes authorized by the Constitution, several entire cabinet departments would cease to exist, and spending would drop by a *lot* more than just 50%.

Doug Miller