Is Triton leaving the US market????

I've had my Triton 3 1/4 HP router for about 5 years. Over the weekend I was making some arched mouldings and the bit hit a piece of wood on a makeshift fence as it was starting up. After that I couldn't turn it on. Figure I need a new switch or something. I need some service and called around. The only Triton number I could get was for HTC in Michigan, apparently they handle the US for Triton. When I called there, I got a recording telling me to call 613-935-8099 for Triton support. I've called that number 3 or 4 times a day for the last few days and only get a recording, never a person. It asks me to leave a message and they'll call back.....but they haven't.

What's going on? Is Triton pulling out of the US market? Where can we get service for our tools? I either need to get this serviced soon or buy a new one. This is making me think twice about Triton.

Anyone else with similar experience?

WoodChuck

Reply to
Woodchuck34

This is not the first time that this has happened. FWICT the company/compainies that import and sell the Triton in the US either go out of business, or are not big enough to handle the volume or lack there of. IIRC there have been a few importers.

Reply to
Leon

FWIW, a very few Triton tools were sold as Craftsman or Craftsman Professional for a while. If you can find the right model number you may be able to get parts from Sears. However their parts department post K-Mart is not what it used to be.

Reply to
J. Clarke

If your Triton is 5 years old, they (HTC) may not have the correct part - there have been 3 models of the 3 1/4 hp router that I know of

- I have one of the 1st and 3rd models, the switch looks the same, assuming that is the problem. If the switch seems to move OK & the light is on, check that something isn't caught in the shaft lock mechanism.

There is a tutorial of sorts >I've had my Triton 3 1/4 HP router for about 5 years. Over the

Reply to
bsrlee