Is there a Stocking Grizzly Dealer in the South East US

Does anyone know of a stocking dealer for Grizzly products in the South Eastern US?

If so, and if you have dealt with them, how was your experience?

Thanks,

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

My understanding is that Grizzly has no dealers. They do make a few shop fox brand tools to sell to some dealers. But Grizzly's whole distribution model is straight to the consumer. That combined with having their goods made in Taiwan is what they do.

They do have showrooms though. One in Washington, one in Pennsyvania and one in Springfield, Missouri.

I have bought a bunch of their products over the years and have seen their stuff in many shops. Some of their low end products are a little iffy. But their middle to high end stuff is pretty good.

I bought a table saw from them years ago that had a wrong manual and a couple parts missing. A phone call and the missing items were in my mailbox two days later.

Grizzly has an excellent reputation when it comes to customer service. I had some minor problems tuning a table saw and metal bandsaw. Some time on the phone with tech support solved both problems quickly and easily.

The general reputation around here is that grizzly may be a little more work to set up initially. But once it is set up, it is just fine. And it does represent a good value for the money.

Plus you sound like you can maintain and set up just about anything. So if they get something to you of reasonable quality, you will do the rest. But the parts and service is just a phone call away if you need them.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Yes, I've seen the showrooms listed on their site. I was hoping that there were 'authorized' distributors hidden around. I do understand they are imports, but for reasons I won't go into at this time, I don't care anymore.

All of which are a LONG way from me, however. We get no Tent Sales, either...

Yea, some of it IS rather Harbor Freightish, but the 1023SL looks pretty nice. I've been vacillating between considering it and not for some time. All other products I have that were sold through 'American' vendors but were actually Taiwanese in origin are fine products. Open it up, plug it in, and it works for years - without exception. Why should I keep paying some fainéant company to import and rebrand a product - they don't deserve it - just go to the source.

That's what I hear. And what I LIKE to hear.

If you only knew how untrue that first statement was...

But do they speak English when you call? ;-)

Thanks,

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

If you ask Grizzly, they will refer you to customers in your area so you can look their products over.

Reply to
Jim Weisgram

I have one (right tilt though) and am quite happy with it. Especially since I bought it when it was $695 (with tube fence which works just fine). I'd do more than consider it.

-- dadiOH ____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

The Springfield Mo. showroom is as Southeast as they get. However, they will provide names and phone numbers of up to two customers in your area that have made purchases of items of interest. These are people who have volunteered to provide this information and viewings. I initially viewed the 1023S in the Springfield showroom and was pretty impressed. However, talking to the local contacts really led me to purchasing on about four years ago. Both contacts were very enthusiastic. One actually bought two more 1023s as gifts to his son and son-in-law.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

to go to the source you have to buy by the container. wanna buy 500 table saws?

Grizzly is an american company selling import tools with their own label on them, just like Delta does. the difference is that Grizzly doesn't put a label on that once was only on american made machines and remains associated in many people's minds with "made in america".

because of that brand recognition, delta was able to command a higher price for what was in many cases the identical machine. many people didn't even know, especially at first that what they bought was an import. the Delta brand name was once among the most trusted in america, but it has been in free fall for some time now, and Grizzly has been steadily improving their product line and their market position.

buy the machine, not the brand name.

Reply to
bridger

I concur. I bought grizzly many years ago and again more recently. The difference?? They are much bigger now and have many more products. And the quality IS better.

But my ultimate criteria is the number of the grizzly machines I have seen in many commercial shops. I always ask about them. And the standard answer is that they were bought because of the price and they are generally pleased with the machine.

Reply to
Lee Michaels