Is lying about the reason for a war an impeachable offense?

.pointer the for Thanks .read to easier way is This .mean you what see I , Wow .differently taught were people some guess I but, bottom to top from read to taught was I , Personally .read to like you how is this guess I

Reply to
Todd Fatheree

You really do have a problem, don't you? I would suggest professional help. It might not be to late.

Reply to
CW

Does that make you feel better, CW?

Reply to
Todd Fatheree

I wonder how anybody supporting Kerry reconciles anything w.r.t that candidate. Aside from sheer, visceral hatred for Bush, they really can't point to any reason to vote *for* Kerry. [Actually, they can point to some Kerry position that they may support, but then I could point to the equal but opposite position that Kerry has articulated on that same subject at some different time].

Kerry supporters must reconcile that:

- Kerry voted for the war in Iraq

- Kerry is against the war in Iraq

- If given the chance to vote again, he would still vote for the war in Iraq

- Kerry supports our troops

- Kerry voted against the incremental funding to support our troops in Iraq (but, in fairness, he voted for it before he voted against it)

- Kerry decries the ads by the Swift Boat Veterans through a 527C and called upon President Bush to pull those ads (which is not possible since Bush cannot be directing that 527c organization)

- Kerry calls on Bush to denounce the Swift boat ads

- Kerry tacitly and overtly accepts the support of Moveon.org and *that*

527c organization, refusing to denounce the wildly untruthful and near libelous accusations put out by George Soros's organization

- Kerry agreed that Iraq had WMD's

- Kerry indicates that it is wrong for Bush to have taken action upon the intelligence that Iraq had WMD's

- Kerry would go to the UN and get our allies to help in any future actions

- Kerry will not place this nation's sovreignty under the control of the UN

- Kerry will run a "kinder, gentler" war by involving our allies and going to the UN

- Bush is unfit to lead the country in a time of crisis because he spent an extra 7 minutes reading to children on the day of the 9/11 attacks (before details regarding what exactly was happening had even been sorted out) in order not to create panic

- Kerry, by his own admission, "couldn't think for 40 minutes" after learning of the attacks. But, if he had been in Bush's shoes, he would have immediately left to lead the country during this attack.

- The commission of war crimes and actions reminiscent of Jengis Kahn (his pronounciation) does not disqualify one from seeking the office of President of the US

- Missing a physical in the air national guard disqualifies one from becoming president of the US

- Kerry decries the fact that the "assault weapons" ban has expired and his more restrictive measures were not passed

- Kerry accepted a gun as a gift from the United Mine Workers -- a gun that would have been prohibited under the weapons ban he supported and that further would have made it illegal for him to accept as a gift.

- Kerry decries the waste of SUV's and their waste of fuel

- Kerry celebrates the production of SUV's when speaking to UAW members, indicating that he has several

- Kerry indicates that the SUV's aren't his, they belong to his family, he just rides in them [Actually this is very consistent for a rich elitist -- we *should* preserve those natural resources -- for him]

- Kerry believes we should spend whatever it takes to be successful in Iraq

- Kerry believes we are spending too much money in Iraq

- Kerry is concerned about the deficit and decries our expenditures in Iraq

- Kerry believes we should be spending the money we are spending in Iraq here at home on things like education and medical coverage for everyone

- Kerry would get our troops out of Iraq as soon as he becomes president

- Kerry would get our troops out of Iraq within two years after becoming president

- Kerry would get our troops out of Iraq within five years of becoming president

- Kerry believes life begins at conception

- Kerry won't impose that view on others, thus, it is OK in his eyes, to kill what he believes is a life

- Kerry was a Vietnam hero, getting medals for his service

- Kerry was an anti-war activist who accused all other Vietnam military personnel of committing atrocities

- Kerry received 3 purple hearts

- Kerry never missed a duty day while in Vietnam

- Kerry admitted that he committed atrocities that were against the Geneva convention like all other soldiers in Vietnam

- When confronted by a fellow Swift-boat veteran, he indicated that he was not accusing the Swiftees of committing atrocities, it was all the "other" soldiers [which, I'm sure, made all those "other" veterans feel real good]

- Bush should come clean and release all his records of his ANG duty. (Bush has done so, he has signed form 180 allowing the Pentagon to release that information)

- Kerry has not, and refuses to release *his* records (He has not signed standard form 180 yet).

- Kerry indicated that a person's service or non-service in Vietnam should not be an issue or indicative of someone's ability to lead the country. (Articulated during the Clinton campaign)

- Kerry indicates that his service in Vietnam is indicative of his ability to lead the country

- Kerry spent Christmas 1968 in Cambodia, ordered to be there by a president who denied any military personnel were in Cambodia and having to dodge bullets from celebrating drunken South Vietnamese soldiers while he was there that Christmas Eve.

- Nixon wasn't even president in 1968

- Kerry's own journals as documented by his biographer indicate he spent Christmas eve 1968 far from the Cambodian border

On a more humorous side (as in, why lie about this?)

- 17 years ago, Kerry took great pride in telling a gathering about his Irish ancestry

- In February or March this year, he claims he never claimed to have Irish ancestry

... and that's only a partial list

Does anyone, anywhere, have any idea what, exactly does John F Kerry stand for?

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

The problem with that analogy is that Kerry isn't anywhere *near* as good at lying as Bill is. Although he's working on his weasel words. Maybe Lockhart is coaching him. Case in point. In response to questions about his Navy records, Kerry announced that he has released all of the records that the Navy has given him. The key weasel words are "has given him". An excellent example of a statement that may be technically accurate, but is designed to leave a false impression. The fact is, Kerry has so far refused to sign a form 180 to authorize the Navy to release everything it has.

Reply to
Todd Fatheree

Ahhhhhh. The answer nears you, grasshoppa.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

Strong in this one, the force of the Dark Side is. "

Luke, study the stats, Luke, study the stats."

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

Not only did he vote for it, but he stated the following:

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."

- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

I know there are a plethora of John Kerrys out there, but I can agree with what this John Kerry says.

Glen

Reply to
Glen

As I noted in an earlier post, though, Slick Willie is a *much* more skillful liar than Kerry. His lies are harder to spot, and he tells them with such sincerity that people *want* to believe him.

Doug Miller

That you have a problem? I couldn't care less.

Reply to
CW

There is no problem here. It simply illustrates how many unobservant idiots the US contains. Either one is/was transparent to anyone paying attention.

Reply to
CW

... and therein lies the problem, *which* John Kerry are people voting for?

... and which John Kerry will they get should (heaven forbid) he is actually elected?

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Having lived through the 90's in the aerospace industry I can tell you all about the "stats". Development funding and pocurement reduced such that we lost between 25 and 33% of our workforce. Each new round of layoffs had a new means of accomplishing them and new criteria -- yeah, exciting times. The only segment of government that suffered from *real* cuts (vs. the phony slowing the rate of growth is a cut "cuts") was the defense department.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

It's obvious how much you don't care, now that you've posted about it three times, fool.

Reply to
Todd Fatheree

Please stop confusing us with the facts!

[Raises hand] I do! I do! He stands for getting John Kerry elected.

dwhite

Reply to
Dan White

Why not argue the point on the merits, rather than fulfilling the stereotype of an emotion driven liberal who refuses to be intellectually honest? It is impossible to claim that there is equal transparency between two candidates -- one of whom has signed form 180 and the other refuses to. Do you even know what this form is? It is like Kerry is following his wife's lead in refusing to release her financial records. Yet, somehow these facts don't stop them from accusing Bush and Cheney of stonewalling.

Simply amazing! dwhite

Reply to
Dan White

Anybody who does not understand that the democrats are weak on defense simply doesn't know American history in the modern era.

dwhite

Reply to
Dan White

What are you talking about? You jump into the middle of a conversation, don't know who or what is being discussed and start in under your own assumptions. I'll fill you in. The comparison was between Kerry and Clinton. Both of which have a real problem with the truth.

Reply to
CW

First of all, you were the 38th poster to this thread and I was the 11th, and you call me jumping in?

I'll give you that one. If you had just listened to the people here who keep asking you to STOP TOPPOSTING in a public forum instead of getting so defensive, then maybe this wouldn't have happened. There is a reason people don't like top posting. It creates confusion. You find one thread of mine in my history of usenet where I missed the point of what someone said so badly, and I'll concede the point. You can't find that, though. Please QUIT TOPPOSTING.

You were actually right to say that Clinton and Kerry were both transparent and lie. However, you missed the point by calling people "unobservant idiots." People don't necessarily miss these transparencies because they are idiots -- many people don't miss them. They just aren't bothered by them. They want a democrat in office no matter what, and a little waffling is accepted as "All politicians do that. What's the big deal?" This practice is not reserved to the dems, but it seems that way in recent years.

dwhite

Reply to
Dan White