Make myself a Hart Suit

I'm with you, an OT once in a while is ok, but there comes a point, you want to talk politics, there are a lot of other news groups out out there for that.

Robert Galloway wrote:

Reply to
Richard Clements

Don't you guys feel this is getting to below the standards of Woodcrafters?

Reply to
Robert Galloway

Robert Galloway asks:

Charlie Self "Men stumble over the truth from time to time, but most pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened." Sir Winston Churchill

Reply to
Charlie Self

I'm with Charlie on this one.

or, to take a page from one [or several] of my former English teachers, let's grade this sentence.

Which guys?

what or which this? To what or to whom does this refer?

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Richard Clements responds:

Wotinell are you 2 writing about? New header, no reference.

Charlie Self "Men stumble over the truth from time to time, but most pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened." Sir Winston Churchill

Reply to
Charlie Self

I think this is about all the OT stuff that's been popping up in the woodworkers area. I don't understand why folks do it myself, but then I feel that way about a lot of the things people do now a days. :-)

"Insanity is only disturbing to those burdened with reality"

Reply to
Dwight

auctionstuff responds:

I love it. They're bitching about OT posts by posting OT without any reference back to the OT they're bitching about. How OT can you get?

Charlie Self "Men stumble over the truth from time to time, but most pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened." Sir Winston Churchill

Reply to
Charlie Self

Hey look, shiny thing!!!!

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Reply to
bridger

MC Escher doing the trolling?

Reply to
patrick conroy

You guys are my fellow woodworker/newsgoup participants but to be more specific, the ones who seem to want to extend the off topic thread indefinitely. "This" being the interminable off topic thread. The Hart Suit was a tongue in cheek refernce to a couple of off topic threads. I thought it would be apparent. Sorry for the confusion.

rhg

Mark & Juanita wrote:

Reply to
Robert Galloway

I was initially attracted to the thread because I had hopes that it would be about Mary Hart, which would have been fine by me but, then again, it might have been about Gary Hart, about which I would have been less sanguine. As it has turned out to be essentially Hartless, I am all at sea.

Regards, Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.) tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

I assume that Dave is referring to Cat in Red Dwarf. Its a stretch but this was much more obvious to me than the initial post. Does an off off topic become back on topic?

Reply to
mnterpfan

I'm somewhat curious here Tom. While I would agree that Mary Hart could be an interesting topic, what kind of mental pictures, exactly, would a "Hart Suit" call to mind in reference to Ms Mary?

Inquiring minds want [need] to know. :-)

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

Reply to
Tom Veatch

An unpleasant scene from "Silence of the Lambs" comes to mind.

But it would make better use of Ms. Hart's abilities than her current job, dontcha think?

Scott

Reply to
Scott Cramer