Is Brusso the only place to get really good box hinges?

New Years' greetings from a former regular who's back into wood after a few years off to go ride motorcycles.

Brusso JB-102 and JB-103 brass hinges are just right for the jewelry boxes I'm making, but they sure are costy at $20 a pair, and local shops never stock more than a set or two. I've scoured Google looking for alternatives and can't find anything but the $3 hardware store kind.

Any ideas? The JB-102 is 1-1/4" x 1/2", and the 103 is 1-1/4" x 5/8."

Many thanks,

BK

Ratchet

what about the Lee Valley Hardware catalogue?

John

Reply to
John

Can't believe I didn't think of that one. I was on their mailing list for a long time. They show some pretty good stop hinges, which I'm about to lay in a small supply of. Thanks!

Bob

alternatives

Reply to
Ratchet

Bob:

Poke around the net for some marine hardware suppliers. I picked up 1 1/2 x

1 1/2" solid brass hinges (that I had to polish) for $5.95/set (CDN) from a local (marine) store. Once polished, they look like the other $20 USD hinges I've used on other projects.

Good luck Rob

Reply to
Rob Stokes

You mean something like this....