Intro and request for info on table saw motor

Hello all. My name is Jim, retired and I live in the Fresno, Ca. area. I have been woodworking for several years and have a shop in my garage. Lots of tools on wheels needless to say. My table saw took a crap the other day. I made a cut, turned it off and then it would not restart. I narrowed the problem down to the motor itself. It is a Jet 3 hp. I get a little blurp from it like it wants to start but before it can it will trip the house breaker switch. The capacitors on the motor check ok and the house breaker switch is ok. Other 220 tools run fine. Can anyone tell me how to check the motor to see what's bad? Best regards. Jim

Reply to
<randyandkathy

Well believe it or not the problem was a weak circuit breaker. I took the motor to an electric shop and it ran fine there. Brought it home and same problem. Threw in a new breaker and guess what, motor ran fine. The motor pulled juuuuust enough extra amps to pop the switch. Lesson learned. Best regards. Jim

Reply to
<randyandkathy