Ink Jet Printable Veneer

I thought tis might be of interest to some of you.

say the product is not available at this time, but e-mailed I e-mailed them and asked for a sample.

Stewart

Reply to
Stewart Schooley

This is a copy of what I posted to the antique radio guys.

Forget this product! It isn't available now and comes in small sizes when it is.

All you need to print on veneer with an ink jet printer is a harder wood that has a smooth surface. Previously, I had printed on a softer wood and it came out a little fuzzy.

Today I printed on cherry and olive ash. Started with the smallest letter size in Wordpad and worked up to size 16. It looked like an eye test chart.

They both printed perfectly. The smallest letters looked as sharp as the largest. I'm out of colored ink so they are black prints.

Colors probably come out less bright, but editing to print grain lines only should take care of that. Then you can stain and finish.

This uses up all my lighter veneer samples from Constantines.

So, if I need a Carpathian Elm burl or Rosewood for a radio I don't want to spend that much money on, should I buy Maple, Birch, or Ash?

Reply to
Stewart Schooley