Incra Universal Positioning Jig

Rockler has these in their latest ad for $60 w/free fence, stop block, right angle fixture, DVD and templates...

Has anyone used one of these? Opinions?

I have a regular Rockler router table with the plate for my Bosch router.

Can I use this or is the offset table required?

ThankX, Ron

Reply to
Ron

Ron:

I have an Incra Jig Pro seen here

use it for all my router table operations, sometimes with a shop-made auxiliary fence. And for dovetail joints. The ability to reposition easily with the flip-up lever is more convenient than the classic incra jig screw.

I'm sure there are better & worse products, but I honestly really like my setup. I have it hanging on the wall and pull it off and clamp it to my outfeed table when I need to use it. My router table is ~1.5" thick laminated particle board and I run the venerable FT2000E from Freud.

For the dovetails there are a couple of discreet steps for setup. First is to set the height of the bit. This can be performed with just about any scrap piece. The next bit is to set the offset from the fence, I have an older addition ... I can't even recall the product name, but it allows precise adjustments after the fence is locked in. I find that being able to set the height separately saves me a lot of time over the combination half-blind jigs available. The process of cutting the tails isn't as quick as Norm does it using his jig (Leigh? PC?) but it works just fine for me. The right-angle attachment is a good addition.

I have my base bolted down using slots in the base so I can shift it as opposed to clamping it to the router table as shown in the pic.

Reply to
John Hofstad-Parkhill