incra owners..ideas for installation?

Incra owners: I would like to hear some ideas on how y'all have done your installations of your incra router fence:

- I am deciding on whether or not to mount my router in an extension table on my saw or in a separate table. If anyone has an extension table installation along with using the incra, how have you mounted it so as to be easily removeable when you need the full table saw wing? Have you mounted it to be used from the side or the front of the saw platorm? Any pictures of your installation available?

- Also, as far as fences for the incra are concerned : Other than the wonderfence et all, what kind of home-brew fence have you come up with to use on the incra? How have you attached dust collection to the fence?

I am going to be installing a 50" accusquare fence on the table saw. My idea thus far is to build some sort of exension that the incra would bolt onto, and this extension would be quickly attached/detached from the back of the extension wing of the table saw. The incra would be mounted on the back side of the extension, so the router fence would be perpendicular to the table saw fence. Any thoughts on this idea? Anyone else install this way?

Thanks for the info and great ideas gang! Rob

Reply to
rob

Mine is side mounted. At the moment, it's just clamped to the table (it's attached to a board like the directions say; the board is clamped to the table) but I have blind nuts and machine bolts to make a more permanent attachment.

I used some melamine-coated boards to make a larger fence that clamps to the smaller one. It's just a 3" high board connected to a 9" high board with some 4" wide blocks, but it has a larger opening for raised panel bits and gives me a taller fence for doing lock miters. I nailed a board over the back/top of it and cut a hole for my shopvac.

When I'm not using that fence, I hook the shopvac to the underside of the cabinet (it's enclosed) and it pulls most (but not all) of the cuttings into the cabinet.

Reply to
DJ Delorie

Instead of getting the Accusquare take a look at the Incra LS-TS. This will solve your router problem and give you a excellent TS fence all at the same time. See

and

Erik