Incra finally arrived - and an appeal.

Not at all. There wasn't any heavy lifting involved; and it's always a pleasure to visit with the DeSoto Postmistress. :)

The beads have been duly received but the patronizing message from the GWQ appears to have been intercepted by our Department of Homeland Security. The redcoat has been issued jump boots and a faded salad suit, and has already moved on to where his courage and skills are more direly needed. He seems a good lad - please see that he is treated well when he returns home.

Hmm - I thought I was the only one who did that dance. Perhaps I should follow suit with a new wrench for my PC knuckle-buster...

:)

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Glass beads? You take payment in glass beads? GLASS BEADS??? . . . Had I known.....

Reply to
Robatoy

Yup.. expressions like gnat's scrote are a hoot. The language uttered, when one dusts one's knuckles in my shop, is usually: "Oh golly. I must be more careful next time." Or: "Darn, those countertops sure are ruthless when trying to lob one's toes off." Or: "My goodness, that 3M hot-melt sure stays warm whilst it is still a liquid, eh boss?" Or: "That door...in my face, was not polite." Or: "Did you see that inexperienced driver...switching lanes without using her turn-signals like that?"

Reply to
Robatoy

Actually, I'm willing to negotiate a deal for /any/ bauble comparable to the Koh-i-Noor diamond or the Timor Ruby...

Reply to
Morris Dovey

"Robatoy" wrote

Reminds me of a favorite from my farrier days, upon being asked if it was hot when picking up a somewhat cooled down horseshoe, not long out of the forge, barehanded ...

"Nope, just didn't take long to look at it!"

Reply to
Swingman

LOL..or: "Heavy?" (best said when one drops it because it's hot.)

Reply to
Robatoy

Trouble his, people can probably detect the smell of roast pork!

Reply to
Stuart