If you have a WWing website

FWIW, I didn't post thinking you were.

But your and other's web sites are largely what keep me interested and even participating in the group discussions... so's I can see more of the same.

I have a bunch of pics I'd like to arrange into some sort of storyline soon, myself. And if they encourage somebody (if that guy can do it... hey!) then all the better.

er

Reply to
Enoch Root

Morris, that is why you are getting all of the spam. Get those email addresses off the site and replace them with forms that send the email to you via script.

Reply to
Locutus

I was taught that if someone does you a kindness you are obligated to do a kindness to at least two others. That way it will spread out.

When I needed a hand, a not unusual situation for me it seems, a helping hand, or a bunch of hands, were there. And passing it along, not necessarily in kind - a friendly smile, a word of encouragement, striking up a conver- sation with an elderly lady getting her mail in your neighborhood, thanking the garbage man on a cold winter morning, asking about the grocery clerk's kid's soccer game or the gas station kid's "new" car - these are ways to pass it on. And if you get the chance to help raise a 4x30 by 40 foot glue lam beam for his "ultimate" garage - make sure the fork lift has arrived BEFORE you go over to help.

There's something called entropy - some energy to do work will always be lost, unusable. Pass It On is sort of the anti-entropy of the universe.

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

I've built some web sites myself, and most people don't understand how much work it takes to put even the dopiest page online. It has to be one of the most tedious tasks there is.

To all here who made websites showing off their shops and works, this newbie says thanks - a lot. I regularly scour my bookmarks of woodworking sites to see if anything has been updated.

Especially Tom's! As one who REALLY appreciates your site (from the endless examples of fine craftsmanship, to the shop-in-progress pics, the work it took to build the site, and of course the "just git out there and do it" attitude), you definitely have MY gratitude and admiration.

As well as that from of my cow-orkers (architects and designers) who design high end homes, all of whom fell off their chairs when I sent them the link.

So, PLEASE keep your sites up and running. There are a lot of people who bookmark your sites and keep checking in from time to time for new content. Even if it's YABR (yet another bandsaw review). I may not express it personally, but that's because I don't wish to interrupt your privacy. But understand there are those out there who really appreciate the efforts.

- Matt

Reply to
Matt Stachoni

It's an interesting point -- my instinctive ways of showing my gratefulness on newsgroups are more of "go and do likewise" than "say thanks"; if the place has been helpful to me, I try to do what I can to make it helpful to others. But you're certainly right that a few "thanks" wouldn't go amiss, particularly on places like this where I've got far more questions than answers.

- Brooks (going off to send one now)

Reply to
Brooks Moses