If you own an Equator compact dishwaher, please help me!

I just bought a used Equator compact dishwasher, model PLS 602 S. I downloaded the Owner's Manual and Installation Instructions from the Equator web site, but found them unhelpful in terms of operating the machine. Here are some questions I have---please e-mail me answers if you know them!

1) Do you use hot, warm, or cold water when you hook the machine up to the sink?

2) When I set the dial to number 2, which is the "normal" wash setting, the machine fills and washes for about 60 seconds and then drains. This doesn't seem right. Am I doing something wrong?

3) There is a rinse aid container and dispenser in the back of the inside of the machine. Do I just get liquid Jet-Dry and pour a little in the container? Do I do this every time I fill the machine?

4) What are some suggestions for loading the machine efficiently. In particular, is there a good way to put glasses on the rack (as opposed to the shelf? The dish-holding, angled prongs seem to get in the way.

Thanks in advance for your help!! It's much appreciated!!!

Reply to
Lot-o-fun

-> I just bought a used Equator compact dishwasher, model PLS 602 S. I

-> downloaded the Owner's Manual and Installation Instructions from the

-> Equator web site, but found them unhelpful in terms of operating the

-> machine. Here are some questions I have---please e-mail me answers if

-> you know them!

->

[...]

Have you e-mailed these questions to the Equator people? They should be willing to answer them for you. (I mean, in case you have no luck here.)

You say it's used. Is it possible it's broken? Maybe that's why it was being sold.

Sorry I can't help.

Reply to
Suzie-Q

HOT!

I don't know about your model, but some machines have a quick rinse in the beginning.

Jet Dry or Cascade will work. You fill it every couple of weeks. It will dispense just a couple of drops as needed.

What ever fits best. Glasses should be upside down and in a position that water from the spray arms can get up inside to clean the. It is typical to put glasses on the top rack in most machines.

I am not familiar with your particular model, but the answers (except maybe #2) really apply to any machine. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Yup. I called, too. No response as of yet, so I thought I'd open up another possible avenue for information.

No, it works fine. It was being sold because the people who owned it moved into a house with a full-size, built-in dishwasher.

Reply to
Lot-o-fun

Thanks for the info. The questions I have are really more machine specific, though.

For #1, this machine heats the water once it's in the machine (to either 120 or 150 degrees, depending on a switch), so using water from the sink that is already hot may not be the best choice. As far as #4 is concerned, there is only one rack in this machine (although there's a little fold-down shelf where one can put a few glasses).

I'll try using the rinse stuff as you say.

Thanks again!

Reply to
Lot-o-fun

Yes, use the hot. Many machines can boost the hot water for better cleaning and even a sanitizing cycle, but you want to put in the hottest water you have. It is more economical that way than using the electric elements in the DW. Faster cycle that way as it does not have to sit and heat up.

Many DW instructions for built in units say to run the hot water in the sink to flush out the cooler water that has been sitting in the pipes. DW detergents don't work well until they are about 130 degrees. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski