I finally have a gloat!!!

Man, if I took this kind of stuff personally, I'd have been sent to a mental ward a decade ago. My reaction was the same as yours. Just a bubbling over.

I'm probably good for another few years now. Thanks for being the catalyst! :-D

-Nathan

Reply to
N Hurst

Since we only see each other's words here, who is to tell who's wearing the suit? All I can see is the words.

As for what they do, you only have their word for that as well. Few of us know each other.

I apply different standards to the real world too... but this is Usenet. Don't confuse it with the real world.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Fri, Feb 23, 2007, 9:57am (EST-1) snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com (Swingman) doth sayeth: IME, you had better ask ALL women, as well as most clients/bosses.

I'm reminded of telling my sons what I did, or did not want. They'd come up with something different entirely than I wanted, but tell me that they knew what I wanted, but thought that whatever they had done was better. Like the time I told one of them to leave the radio in my vehicle alone, becuse it worked fine. Which resulted in going out and no radio. I was told he'd put in a "better" radio, with speakers, boomers, whateverl. Which resulted in me being without any radio at all for about 6 (six) weeks, at which time a radio equivalent to what had been taken out was put in.

JOAT When in doubt, go to sleep.

- Mully Small

Reply to
J T

Fri, Feb 23, 2007, 2:36pm mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com (Mortimer=A0Schnerd,=A0RN) dodth sayeth: I apply different standards to the real world too... but this is Usenet. Don't confuse it with the real world.

I try never to say anything here I wouldn't say to your face. Never know, you call someone a SOB here, one day you might meet him for real, and he might be bigger, and meaner, then you, recall your words, and proceeds to clock you.

JOAT When in doubt, go to sleep.

- Mully Small

Reply to
J T

Gloat? How about acts of kindness and appreciation rewarded?

Update - Re: Removing fire smoke smell .... from furniture.

In appreciation for the lady allowing (our upholstery class) me the opportunity to salvage antique furniture from her burned warehouse, I elected to restore (woodwork) and reupholster a bergere chair she had at school. Our teacher told her what I was doing. The lady called me and told me she would allow me into her other warehouse and select whatever else I may want. She mentioned that she had 2 Hepplewhite dining sets and that I should consider getting one of them. She gave me the impression I would not be limited to selecting just one item. The bergere chair is beginning to look sharp, again.

She visited us, at school, yesterday (Friday) and asked if I would reupholster her car.... she, insisting on being a regular paying customer. Note: We are not allowed monetary pay for school related projects (assignments), however we are able, if advanced enough, to accept outside jobs. Many people get to know our personal work, during school, before we become certified, and trust, us, in our growing ability for private work. I had restored/reupholstered a bergere chair and matching stool, of my own, last semester, and she knew my work with that.

I seem to have scored thrice: It pays to show kindness and appreciation to someone (large returns when least expected), I think I have an excellent reference for future upholstery work, and I have some really nice gifts (of salvaged antique furniture, plus more that has been offered).

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

I've actully seen that happen. Actually there was a car involved but you get the picture and it was all because of the news group...

Reply to
HotRdd