Hurricane Ivan took My shop, Tool and ShopNotes... I need those that are not reprinted.

After all the comotion has died down and the Soul Crushing devestation has been mostly swept out of the way I still long for the Inspiration I get from the ShopNotes collection more than the tools, Toys and Jigs that were made from those Brittle Yellowed pages.

Nortwest florida (Pensacola) is the kind of Third World Country that it is still necessary to have to use mail order for most things woodwork related.

After 9 years of building Cabinetry here I have 90% repeat business..... all of a sudden.

There is so much work now that a breather is cherished when it can be had and in those moments when I can excape from the din of the phone and fax commiserating with and plotting the new cabinetry for my customers I find it so nice to skip through the pages of ShopNotes and I am still missing many.

It saddens me that I can not just purchase reprints of the entire collection so I am here looking for access to Issues;

1, 3, 5, 7, 8 - 10, 21, 22, 24, 25, 35, 36, 42 - 46, 49 - 52, 54, and Lastly 58.

In a larger city that may have been influenced bu Carnege I suppose there are such things as Librarys or Used/New Bookstores that would stock or have available these cherishable tomes, but I do not know how far I would have to go to find any of these.

I am not very picky,... anymore

Kevin Wade Pensacola, Florida

Thank you

Reply to
Kevin Wade

Did you try Ebay yet?

slindars

such things as Librarys or Used/New

not know how far I would have to go to

Even if your local library doesn't have them, they may be willing to get them via inter-library loan from a larger library somewhere.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

mostly swept out of the way I still long

Toys and Jigs that were made from those

Sorry to hear about that...

such things as Librarys or Used/New

not know how far I would have to go to

I know it's not a 1:1 replacement, but Oxmoor House is selling a line of Woodsmith books for about $20 apiece via the mail, and they've got an awful lot of the older content reprinted in them. I know they're not Shop Notes, but the two seem very similar. Nice books, FWIW.

Reply to
Prometheus

The Woodsmith Store in Des Moines, IA is clearing out their inventory of old Shopnotes and Woodsmith magazines.

Last fall, they were selling copies very reasonably priced (maybe 3 or

4 for a dollar). I was in the store earlier this week, and they are now giving away complimentary copies of both magazines to customers - perhaps theyd be willing to share some with you. Give them a call at (515) 255-8979.

The store manager has told me in the past that the company plans to offer an online download service for PDF versions of the old issues. Stay tuned for more information.

I have no relationship to Woodsmith - other than the amount of money I've spent there over the years.

Reply to
mlaviol