How to sharpen a pencil

Shot on location at The Woodwright's School, Pittsboro NC

Spalted Walt

3 Precicely ROTFLMAO
Reply to
Leon

Thank you so much, Walt. There's about 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back. Yeah, I know, I could have stopped watching, but it was kind of like watching an ugly woman bend over; you are compelled to look down her blouse, right?

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Yeah! It was like a courtesy sniff.

Reply to
Leon

On the other hand ...

Just Wondering

Or you could do this:

or this:
or even this:
or this:

Just Wondering

"Leon" wrote

Yep. Still have a couple sharpeners in a box, somewhere. I bet I will run across them in the next couple weeks in my reorganization.

Reply to
Morgans

I watched about half of that. Was it serious or was it supposed to be satire?

Reply to
Grant Edwards

It was text book SNL. LOL

Reply to
Leon

... if perhaps a little over-spec.

This video is ten seconds long, including commentary. I promise.

Greg Guarino

x2 on ROFLMAO. Hilarious! A great reminder of how we humans can get when we start in on a hobby or craft. `Casper

Reply to
Casper

I strongly suspect it is a satire aimed squarely at the Artisanal Pencil Sharpening guy. Who liked the video and then links to it from his site.

Note that this video recommends the same tubes for shipping pencils as APS, but also that the pencil shown being sharpened does not end up looking as good as APS, due to the carbon getting all over the wood during sanding.

Elijah

------ a perfect cone point does not seem artistic at all

Reply to
Eli the Bearded

I want my 10 minutes back!!!

Reply to
Bill

"Bill" wrote

As wise Willie Nelson once said in song,

You gotta know when to fold em.

I folded after about 2 minutes. Perhaps less.

That humor bores me.

Reply to
Morgans

That was Kenny Rogers. Willie Nelson sang On The Road Again. Point taken anyway! In the Texas Hold'em vernacular, "I made a bad call"! : )

Reply to
Bill

+1
Reply to
Morgans

I'm not a country and western fan, but I know that was not what Willie Nelson said in a song -- it was Kenny Rogers.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Greg Guarino wrote in news:lohch9$1fi$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

I want one! Where can I buy that???

Reply to
Doug Miller

I'm pretty sure it came in the plastic tube that held the pencils. I thought it was sort of funny but it did make short work of getting that first sharpening on the 20 pencils. You have to be quick with the trigger though; it'll grind the pencil down to the eraser before you know it.

Reply to
Greg Guarino

Greg Guarino wrote in news:lojhc7$ftt$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Pack-02015/202263665

Thanks for the warning. Next time I'm at HD, I'm going to look for this, and it's going to become a permanent addition to my tool bag.

Reply to
Doug Miller