How to remove a broken screw?

Doug Winterburn wrote in news:4f3f170b$0$2226 $c3e8da3$ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

Wooden hockey sticks around here sometimes get turned into project wood. (They often break near the blade.) Maybe you could invest in a welder and do something useful with the putters. *g*

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

It's not like #3 brass screws are going to be structural or anything, KnowwhatImean,Vern?

-- The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools. -- Herbert Spencer

Reply to
Larry Jaques

By pushing a piece of the next smaller size tubing through.

Reply to
Kerry Montgomery

I am working with white oak and brass hinges. The hinges came with #4 brass screws. When first installing the hinges I used steel screws. When attempting to replace the steel screws with the brass ones the second one broke. My question is how do I remove the broken piece of the screw? Thanks for any and all help.

***************************** I think craftsman makes a remover that is like a cup to fit over the stub, and has some grip to grab it as the cup rotates. I know I have seen one, but does anyone have more of a firm memory on this than I do?

-- Jim in NC

Reply to
Morgans

You put teeth in the tubes and just cut holes. Make sure you file the tube a little on the inside to remove andy burs on the inside before cutting teeth.

Then chuck them in the drill or drill press and cut. Then band saw the plugs out. simple. you can also strengthen the tubes where they chuck by putting a larger tube over the smaller, cutting it to size for the chuck, and soldering it so it doesn't crush.

Reply to
tiredofspam