How to "Preen" a Wing-Nut to Make a Hold-Down Clamp?

Thanks. This sounds easy enough. I was thinking of hammering the wing-nut at its side. I have a feeling that hammering the end of the bolt as you have suggsted should be easier, and I have a 5-pound hammer that I can use. Seem like this is the way to go.

I was thinking of attaching a multiple-angle-jig to my standard home-made cross-cut jig. Then, I can use it to make various degree angle cuts. And I plan to make two hold-downs on that multiple-angle-jig to hold the wood in place while I cut; then I won't have one hand pushing the cross-cut jig, another hand holding on the wood (this just seems too awkward).

Jay Chan

Reply to
Jay Chan

Do you mean you use regular pumping soldering method to solder the wing and bolt together? This sounds easy enough, especially I have pumping soldering equipments and materials available -- Doesn't every household have a pumping torch ;)

What kind of prep work that you need to do to prepare the surface for soldering?

This probably will work well for bolt that is long. However, I am afraid that this may not work for short bolt because the heat may melt the rubber door stop at the other end of the bolt; in that case, I will still need to use the "Big Hammer" approach.

Thanks for the tip.

Jay Chan

Reply to
Jay Chan