How to make this rabet?

I need to make a 1" wide 1/8" deep rabet around double sink hole to make it flush with cabinet top. How to do this?

Reply to
Sasha

I would use a router with edge guide.

Reply to
marks542004

Are you sure it's one inch wide? That is one hell of a lip on the sink that you're installing.....

Ssuggestion #1: Get a rabbetting bit 2.5" wide with a bearing on the bottom. Put a 1/2" diameter bearing on the bit. That will take you down to

1 inch radius. Then use the existing sink hole as a template to rout 1" wide around perimeter. I don't know if you can buy a 2.5" rabbetting bit, but the math works!

Suggestion #2: Make a template of the final size plus the diameter of a top mounted bearing.

Reply to
bob

I presume its wood or laminate counter top, granite would be a challenge. I haven't seen a flush mount, just over or under mounts. 1/16" off here and

1/16" off there will look like hell for flush mount, plus the inherited water infiltration problem.
Reply to
Fred

When following this suggestion, PLEASE slow your router down. A lot.

-John

Reply to
John Girouard