How to find a used Unisaw in Washington State?

I've searched Craig's list, but I was wondering if anyone knows other places where a used one can be found? I live in the Olympia area, so Seattle and Tacoma are close. Thanks! John.

Reply to
Gaaslaj

Ever consider a Grizzly?

are only a couple hours away from their Bellingham showroom! You could buy a new Grizzly for what you would pay for a used Unisaw. Greg

Reply to
Greg O

What you need to do is find a woodworker in the area who has one, become good friends with his wife and then wait for him to die. You may need to kill off a few other woodworkers who already beat you to this strategy.

-Leuf

Reply to
Leuf

If there was one around here, I'd have bought it already.

Reply to
CW

Keep an eye on this site:

just bought a Unisaw for $375 from here. You can click onto woodworking, then page down when the next window opens....

OR

You can do a search for all items in your state or any state near you, just type in whatever state in the state search tab.

Searching by item is usually fruitless, because whomever doesn't know what categories certain items belong to, or they are simply mis- categorized...!?

When you find an item, click onto its description and page down to the NSN number. This will open the manifest page, most of the time, and you can read the specs on the item. The "Cond" code, on the manifest page, will give you some idea of the condition the item is in, but if possible, go inspect the item in person.

And there is this site I view often times:

onto Auctions at the very top of the page.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Here's a Rockwell drill press in Wa., but it's for Priority folks.

here's a pic of it:

an eye out for a saw on your state's site. All States have surplus sales. Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Reply to
Jim Behning

Did you try ebay? Seen a bunch out that way over the past year or so.

A.M.W

Reply to
A.M. Wood

Mon, Feb 19, 2007, 1:53pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net (Gaaslaj) doth query: I've searched Craig's list, but I was wondering if anyone knows other places where a used one can be found? I live in the Olympia area, so Seattle and Tacoma are close.

You do it the same way there as any other place. You check all the local bargain papers, newspaper classifieds, any bulletin boards you can find.. There should be some autiion listing for y our area on-line too, there are for around here. Check your gubmint auctions too. Plus, its walways helpful to ask everyone you run across - hardware store guys, gas station people, and so on. I'm not looking but see them show up in the local bargain paper every so often. Might check your telephone book, for used machinery.

If you're willing to cough up shipping costs, you could check eBay.

JOAT When in doubt, go to sleep.

- Mully Small

Reply to
J T

Reply to
Dave Hall

There is (or was) a used/ consignment shop in Tacoma. Last time I was there I saw several, up to a 3=phase Delta with a sliding table. You also want to check the Little Nickel, I have seen Delta TS in there before.

Reply to
Ralph E Lindberg