How to buy blades from Suffolk Saw?

New to this - have read enough people saying that a great bandsaw blade is a good investment. Went to Suffolk Saw web site to buy some good general purpose starter blades for my Jet 14".

Zeroed in on the PC 1/4" x 0.025 x 96" blade... Got stuck on the Teeth Per Inch? I think I should be looking for 6 or 8 TPI for a starter, all-around blade. But how do I know what the correct TPI is?

Thanks

Reply to
tnfkajs

Greetings,

Call Suffolk. Tell them what you have for a bandsaw and what you want to cut (wet or dry, 1 inch thick or 10 inches thick, etc.) They ( probably a she) will tell you what will work best for you.

S> New to this - have read enough people saying that a great bandsaw blade is a

Reply to
Bill Thomas