How It's Made - Dollhouse

Damn a bear, just watched 'em make a dollhouse on How It's Made. Absolutely fascinating. And got some nifty ideas.

Very interesting how they rout out the windows. They use a template that holds several walls (thin plywood), got raised edges and they just sit in the hollow, about 3-4 walls. Overhead router, and zip, rout out a window on all the walls at once. Zip, repeat, untill all the windows on the walls are done. They have separate jigs, etc., for each part. Very neat indeed.

This was probably, for me anyway, the most fascinating show I've seen yet - got a number of new ideas from it. If it comes around again I'll be happy to watch it again.

J T

I loved that shingle making machine.

Reply to
Gerald Ross

Wed, Jul 11, 2007, 9:30pm snipped-for-privacy@netcommander.com (Gerald=A0Ross) doth sayeth: I loved that shingle making machine.

Yeah. I just wish they'd showed it in slow motion. I'm sure I can figure out how to do all the rest, but I'd sure like to know how they did that.

J T