How I made the TV cabinet 2" higher

That's awesome. Claim you did it on purpose.

Reply to
boorite

sounds like a lot of work for a cup of coffee...

Reply to
Harry Culpepper

"Toller"

Nice save, as long as the customer likes and more importantly, pays you for it!

Dave

Teamcasa

A laminated vase would look pretty cool....

Is there a strip of walnut at the top of the back piece, or is that shadow in the picture?

Great save of a really nice cabinet job.. I hope the client paid well for the design change... Mac

mac davis

"I broke this bowl in half on purpose to make these too pooper scoopers"

IMHO, cats are the masters of the "I meant to do that" look after falling on their ass trying to jump up or something... they never admit mistakes.. lol

My cat will fall asleep on the shop stool and roll off... just lays on the floor casually licking his fur like it's his normal "dismount".. Mac

mac davis

yeah, they always want a few more inches... story of my life.. *sigh*

Mac

mac davis

Anyone ever tell you that coffee is killed if the water reaches boiling point?

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

I have two (2) requirements for my coffee:

Hot & Black!

Notice that "fresh" was not included.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

That is why percolaters suck.

200 F degrees... not 212...F........ (All Tim Horton machines are calibrated at 190F. By the time the water leaves the kettle.. it's...190-ish. (That's about 95C for all you metric folk.)

There is no such thing as 200 C water at atmospheric pressure.

Robatoy

How do you kill something that isn't alive?

Reply to
Locutus

Good Lord man! Never take coffee to seriously!

I agree Lew - I could care less about special beans care for by Juan Valdez, hand carried by a 12 year old virgin, dried in the sun, flow in by a carrier pigeon and had placed in a autoclaved mayonnaise jar, hermetically sealed and ground by a special $400 burr grinder.

Just toss the grounds in a pot, heat, stir, strain and serve. No milk, cream, or sugar- nothing just hot and black!

I may be a self described tool snob, but a coffee snob - never. Say, do they must sell coffee at Harbor Freight :)

Dave

Teamcasa

Probably not, but bet you can get a coffee grinder.

At least something that looks like a coffee grinder>

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I make a single serving of coffee with the same speed as instant. I grind the COSTCO beans whilst the water is heating. I buy only the finest grade of medical helium for my plasma burner so not to contamnate the berillium kettle.(The rpm of the burr grinder closely monitored and plotted on a graph.) Put the grinds in the french press, add water and whilst steeping (3 minutes) I bring out my Wild Heerbrug stereo microscope and inspect and sort the beans for the next mug of coffee. When the triple beam scales tip, I have enough. I take off my coffee making uniform, and leave the clean-room with a perfect mug. Waddaya mean I take it too seriously?

Reply to
Robatoy

Damn, I thought the coffee at McDonalds was pretty good till I saw this!

Reply to
Tim Taylor

Throw in a few shavings and a bit of hardwood dust and you have a cup of coffee there!

Mac

mac davis

No shit...

I remember the first and last time I was in a StarBUCKS... and asked for a cup of "coffee"..

After 10 minutes of choices, I suffered through the "house blend" for about the price of a big red can of real coffee and never went back...

OTOH, I do get pretty picky about tequila, so I shouldn't be throwing stones... or wood scraps, to slip back towards topic a little.. *g*

Mac

mac davis

Cool! What color you gonna paint it? Greg

Reply to
Greg O

That's one of the big selling points of all the "stuff" the sell to go in it. Their coffee is so bad that you have to cover up the taste with something.

Reply to
CW