hoop pine slab

Hi everyone, Just bought a slab of hoop pine. It is 3000 by 1100 by 50mm... massive. I am building a table with it. Six 4x4 legs. It has only a problem. It stinks. It emanate a lovely disgusting parmesan cheese smell I can't stand. How can I get rid of it? thanks for your time ;-)

Reply to
Rafael Dosantos

How are you planning on finishing this table? Any of the film type finishes, such as shellac, laquer, poly, etc. should eliminate the smell once they are fully cured. Try completely covering a scrap of the same material (if you have one) with the intended finishing schedule, take it somewhere else away from that slab, and see if it still smells!

Reply to
gpdewitt