HOMEMADE LEVELING FEET

I've never needed anything like this myself, I just lean a little one way or another, and that pretty well levels me out.

JOAT Some is good, more is better, too much is just enough.

- Unknown

Reply to
J T

Didn't you used to tag these posts with the word Inspiration? I did see a bit of a flamefest with regards some guy wanting you to discontinue these posts here and I thought one of the points you made was that the posts were clearly labelled and easily filterable, seems that is no longer the case any reason why?

Reply to
damian penney

If you're inspired by adjustable feet, you should be reading an alt.binaries group.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Tue, Jan 25, 2005, 8:53pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (damian=A0penney) wasn't paying attention and wonders: Didn't you used to tag these posts with the word Inspiration? I did see a bit of a flamefest with regards some guy wanting you to discontinue these posts here and I thought one of the points you made was that the posts were clearly labelled and easily filterable, seems that is no longer the case any reason why?

"Used to" tag these posts with the word Inspiration? No. This is a "how to", not an inspiration. If you're "inspired" to make something from any plans, or a how to, I post, that's a different issue.

Inspiration posts =3D pictures, point being, ideas of something to make - an "inspiration" - and so labeled.

It was somone else that said the posts were clearly labelled and easily filterable. However, that "is" the reason they're labeled like that.

JOAT Some is good, more is better, too much is just enough.

- Unknown

Reply to
J T

Hey knock it off you guys. If you don't like what he post then don't go look at it. What makes you think that you are the only ones on this list. And yes, back a ways there were some just like you who were offended by Joat's post. They were WRONG also. Just what makes you think that everyone on the list is just waiting for you to drop your little bit of wisdom on them???

I LIKE what Joat posts, I enjoy going out to look at these sites. I have gained many a new idea of how to do things.

Jack

J T wrote:

Reply to
zap

Joat - keep up the great posts! I enjoy reading what you write an wonder how in the world did you find some of the things that you pos (and what possessed you to even look for them!). In fact, I wa "inspired" by your recent thread about drum sanders. So much, in fact that I ordered my pillow blocks and pullies from Granger, and have mad plans to canabalize an old Grizzly 6x48 sander for its motor, a pull and its basic frame. And, I think that I am going to replace th cruddy self-levelers on the frame I am re-using with your hockey puc feet!

Anyway, don't stop, and keep the cleaver and entertaining informatio coming. It's appreciated

-- makesawdust

Reply to
makesawdust

Oh relax will ya, I was just asking, and JT was kind enough to give me an answer. To be honest I didn't follow the link. I recall seeing the word Inspiration in previous titles, and this looked similar (due to the allcaps) hence the question. Anyone can post whatever they like as long is its of interest to the community.

Reply to
damian penney

Who are you talking to?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

My reply was in response to Gino who wrote this implying I was giving JT a hard time, I wasn't.

"Hey knock it off you guys. If you don't like what he post then don't go

Reply to
damian penney

Hey, it wasn't Gino who said that, it was me, "zap"

And yes I did see your post as an attack on JT. If I am wrong them I apologize. But when you started talking about previous flameing of JT for his previous postings it did sound to me like you were starting it up all over again. Had you not added that to your post, and only asked JT a question, I would not have responded.

I remember all the flameing that went on before about JT, and I didn't want to see it start up again.

Jack

damian penney wrote:

Reply to
zap

Fair enough zap, and it really wasn't an attack at all, I just thought his naming convention had changed and I wondered if it was to piss off the guy that was asking him to move along in that other thread; not that JT would stoop so low. Anyway like I said, the more woodworking posts the better:) As you were lads, nothing to see, move along.

Reply to
damian penney

Wed, Jan 26, 2005, 5:43pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@news.diybanter.com (makesawdust) wonders: wonder how in the world did you find some of the things that you post (and what possessed you to even look for them!).

Side effects, fall-out, whatever. I don't look for this stuff. Believe me, I've got lots better things to do than look for this stuff. However, I do a LOT searches for projects, or inspiration, for myself. I run across somehing interesting, I often post it, only takes a few seconds (good karma to share) - and not as much of it as a lot of people think - usually around 5%, or less, up to a max of around 10%, of what I run across. And, that's just the wood related stuff, some of the other stuff is really neat - for example, the jet powered beer cooler. And, some of it is just plain weird. Remember, google is our friend.