Holy heck--what do you use this beast for?

18" American Sawmill Table Saw

thing is HUGE. The smarter part of me knows this thing is more- or-less useless for a weekend woodworker but another part of me wants to buy it because it seems so cool.

Reply to
busbus

To cut the body parts into little pieces making them easier to hide.

Reply to
SBH

7-1/2HP? Yeah, I'd say it was useless, at least for this weekend woodworker.
Reply to
krw

That's Paul Bunyon's saw, the green "Babe" model.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Darn, only a 16" saw blade on the 18" saw. I'd buy it if it had an

18" blade....
Reply to
Goose

Might be for tapers. Odd.

Mart> 18" American Sawmill Table Saw

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

Reply to
Pat Barber

Here is a little history on the company with some more pictures...

made "many" very large pieces of equipment.

Reply to
Pat Barber

Cool works... it would go well with my 36" Crescent bandsaw... ;~)

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

Depends on what you want to build as a weekend woodworker - for ripping 3" jarrah stair treads it'd be great! JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

It will swing a 3 inch wide dado and rip 4x4s. What's not to like about it? Big downsides I can see other than parts availability are that it needs 3-phase power (and lots of it) and blades aren't going to be cheap.

I suspect that it will either teach you proper technique or kill you trying though--with that much power it's capable of _serious_ kickback.

Reply to
J. Clarke