Hollow Chisel Mortising machine

Hey there,

I recently traded laying my sister's floor in her home, and reluctant to accept cash, she offered to buy me a machine of my choice.

The choice is, Which dedicated (table modle) would you recommend. Post here, thanks.

Reply to
Robert Lee

Been reasonably satisfied w/ the Delta iron-table version of the two similar ones...don't recall exact model number but the lesser on has the MDF table...

It's not great but it works. The upper position for extended height isn't well thought out as the fence guide is pretty funky in that position but can get by...

Chisels not great but functional for softwoods and not large work in hardwood. A better set of replacement chisels will be a added purchase shortly, undoubtedly, if you use it much...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

I have the General with the tilt head, but have only played with it with a few scraps of wood so far. It is solid and operates smoothly. It is a definite step up from the lower priced Delta I have used before, but more pricey. I will know more about it this fall when I tackle an entertainment center out of antique yellow pine and a new dinning room trestle table out of two inch mahogany.

Reply to
Alisa Piar

"Robert Lee" wrote in news:cyxNe.6812$RZ2.6262 @newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

I like my tilt-head General a lot. It's getting quite a workout on my latest project (frame and panel cherry buffet/hutch for SWMBO).

Reply to
Nate Perkins

Which one do you have, the 050T or the 075?

Reply to
Upscale