Holiday woodworking

Don't get me wrong, now. I love my wife's family, but they are not the most active folks in the world. Her brother was still at our house yesterday and, if Ron had his way, he would sit around drinking beer, smoking, and watching daytime TV all day. I just could not face the prospect of sitting around all day yesterday doing nothing, so I had a brainstorm.

"Hey Ron," says I. "How would you like a couple of Adirondack chairs for the back yard at your new house."

BIL figured that would nice, so I hied myself of to the garage cum workshop and proceeded to fire up the bandsaw and start cutting out pieces parts. Now this was a pretty good deal for me. I get to spend a day in the shop ingratiating myself to both my BIL and my wife.

Ron came out to the shop at one point and, noting that I had the radio tuned to NPR, commented that I ought to buy a small TV for the shop so I didn't have to listen to all that talking. "Man, you could have The Price is Right on." Folks, he wasn't kidding. "You know what you ought to do since you have all these tools? You ought to make those wishing wells and smoking cowboy silhouettes and sell them at craft shows. You could make a fortune."

"Yeah, I bet I could make and sell those grannies bending over in the garden, too," I joshed.

"You know, those things sell real good up in Indiana." He thought I was serious.

He is on his way back to Kentucky now. If you are on I-65 and see a red Chevy pickup truck with two Adirondack chairs and a cooler full of Bud Light in the back, that's our boy Ron.

Dick Durbin

Reply to
Olebiker

Damn funny :-)

Errbody's different and it's all good. That's what makes the world such an interesting place. Yee ha.

Reply to
Joe Barta

Damn, sounds about like my visit to the daughters house...

Main difference is that the lugnut that lives with her looked at a table of bowls and vases and told me that I should make bird cages and sell them to the pet shop... *sigh*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis