Hole Saw recommendations?

I'm in the market for a hole saw kit for cabinet installation and was wondering if any of you all had any strong preferences. Lenox? Milwaukee? Dewalt? My guess is that they're all pretty much the same, but I figured I'd ask.

Thanks. JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

Just make sure they are bi-metal.

You will need two (2) different sized spindles.

Buy some extra pilot drill bits.

Grainger is/was a good source.

If it was my money, I'd treat hole saws like router bits.

Buy the spindles up front, then the hole saws as required.

Forget the kits.

Have fun.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I don't think you'd go wrong with any of those. I can suggest checking eBay, though. I bought a full set of new DW hole saws with two mandrels (didn't they use to have a variety show on TV?) for a song.

RicodJour

I just bought some from Lee Valley Tools. They're a Morse Cobalt Master product.

also bought the quick release arbour. It saves some frustration. It does need a drill with a 1/2" chuck, so keep that in mind if you buy one.

Upscale