HF ouch

Another reason to be careful at HF

Gramps' shop

I don't understand one statement in the story: "Unfortunately, owners of these chain saws won?t be getting a refund. Rather, the company is asking people to return their chain saws to their local Harbor Freight Tools stores in exchange for a new one, the statement said."

Why unfortunate? You bought a chainsaw, you get a chainsaw. The author may be one of those people that buy a tool at Home Depot and return it after they use it.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

erm=.e8dba17d5a2a

I wonder what the author expects when one of his vehicles is subject to a r ecall. Does he expect to get his money back?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Thanks for the post. I own one of this "jewels". Going back on Monday.

MJ

Reply to
MJ

Mine is a HomeLite from Princess Auto - so I know for sure that I am perfectly safe .. :-) John T.

Reply to
hubops

False news.

So when you something off, it turns off.... If the tool continues to run, it is not really turned off, is it?

The reporter/story teller could have more accurately said, the switch does not operate correctly.

Reply to
Leon

False News - the problem might be electrical trickle-leak - causing a muscle-clamp in the trigger finger - preventing release of the perfectly functional switch. So there ! Let's have a Fox vs CNN battle ! ... duh. Ass U Me ? both ? Yep ! John T.

Reply to
hubops

just when you think there were enough reasons already

but really the hf stuff seems to be better in many ways than the crap with brand names we used to trust

hf have done an end run around the brands that once were and now with a lot of german tech in china it seems hf is benefitting directly

look at some of the higher end hf lines

there are some tear down videos showing the improvements

but hf will also sell the low price low end stuff as well

their business model is simple make money in all segments of the market space

low price and short life higher price and longer life and points in between

Reply to
Electric Comet

used a stihl once that was gas powered and the off switch would not shut it off

only a full choke would make it shut off

the hf saw always shuts off for me

had a harder time with turning it on as the switch is designed in a way that requires a very firm grip for it to go

but for the money it is a good saw and it is light enough to be used with one hand for those hard to reach spots

does not have the gusto of gas but still good for yard work

Reply to
Electric Comet