Hey, a new GLOAT!

That's not a coffee.....that's a slice of cake!

Very black...with an oil-slick on top. From a wire-mesh (french) press. No cream.

One of those, which lives somewhere between an espresso and a regular coffee, moves me all morning...to and from different directions.

I only have one of those when my green tea doesn't get me going..and green tea almost always does. I get real cranky if I don't have my green tea.

One teaspoon of demerara sugar on my cereal (with a 'green' banana, 'cuz ripe bananas are useless from a nutritional standpoint ) is all the sugar I have all day. (That small bowl of frozen yogurt after supper doesn't count.)

Reply to
Robatoy

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 18:25:03 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm, Dave Balderstone quickly quoth:

We won't ACK the gloat until we see that HE picks up the tab. ;)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

try maple syrup flavored chinese black tea

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

Wed, Sep 28, 2005, 6:25pm (EDT-2) dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_S.balderstone.ca (Dave=A0Balderstone) announces: I just realized... I'm gonna have coffee with Robin Lee! Heh.

You do realize this is not a actual date, don't you?

Tell Robin hi for me.

JOAT The Truth Shall Set Ye Fret

Reply to
J T

Don't like broccoli eh? You could be president some day.

BTW, before _Get Smart_ there was the _Jose Jimenez Show_ in which Don Adams played the role of the Hotel Detective. One of his catch phrases in that role was "Would you believe...". Dunno about "Missed it by THAT much."

Reply to
fredfighter

AND - Adams was the father=in=law of Jim Beaver who played Charlie Udder in the "Deadwood" TV series. (At least that's what Jim said in the rec.movies NG.) Actually, I can't remember what Adams looked like. I could never take my eyes off Barbara Feldon!

FoggyTown

Reply to
foggytown

I think Adams was the voice of Inspector Gadget - a cartoon spoof of Get Smart which was a spoof of...

Reply to
Dave Hall

your office is a couple few blocks from the new LV store?

give your wife my condolences.

Reply to
bridger

that's because all flavored coffees are awful. if you buy them that way, that is. flavored coffees are what the commercial roasters use to get rid of the stuff that is too foul to drink.... cover the taste up with some chemical flavorants.

but start with some decent bean, use good quality stuff for the rest of the ingredients and the results can be a lot of fun.

Reply to
bridger

Ayup. And I get an hour for lunch...

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

"........... I say to myself in the mirror....."

Reply to
Robert Bonomi