help with PC inlay system

    • C
  • posted

hello,

I am trying to use the PC inlay stuff that attach to the router (a kit with

2 bushings and a cutter of controlled size to create inlay patterns and cut the inlays)...

I got the theory all right:

1: make a mockup of your inlay using a scroll saw or similar 2: with the small bushing, cut the pattern 3: cut the inlay hole with the pattern and the large bushing 4: cut the inlay pattern with the small bushing 5: assemble..

well, I got 1 ok, but I just can not make 2!!!! I keep screwing it up and it is starting to get frustrating! I have router control problem, depth problems and it just does not work! does anyone has experience with this stuff and can give me tips and tricks?

thanks, cyrille

Reply to
Cyrille de Brébisson

Yes, you need a smaller router. One that accepts 1/4" bits and has a collet for smaller bits is the PC 310 or it's sibling the PC7310. See Pat Warner's site

for lot's of good info.

And yes, other similar trimmers will also work but if you're going to buy one - make it a good one and have no regrets latter. If you can find a PC310 - even used, grab it.

Bob S.

Reply to
BobS