Help: Craftsman 15 in. 1 hp drill press run-out

model: 137.229151
I've notice that the run-out has increased in my drill press to about 3/16, and I think I can detect a wobble in drill bit.
What part do I need to replace? It is just the bearing? I've tried the setting screw on the side, and it did not help with the issue.
Thanks for any thoughts.

Try using the drift (often provided with the DP) to remove the chuck, clean the morse taper (and the socket), then reseat the chuck (use a block of wood between the chuck and the mallet).
On Thursday, June 21, 2018 at 2:10:23 PM UTC-5, Scott Lurndal wrote:

Thanks, Scott! I removed the chuck and cleaned both surfaces with acetone. I reinstalled the chuck, but when I move it back and forth with my hand, I still hear/feel the spindle move 1/32 in all directions.
Time to take it apart?
On Thu, 21 Jun 2018 15:33:31 -0700 (PDT), Michael

If it is belt driven, take off the belt and see if you feel play in the pulley, side to side. Look at that shaft and bearings as you do.
Also are you sure it isn't in the chuck itself. If it is in the spindle then you should be able to see top side movement as well.
On Saturday, June 23, 2018 at 11:58:10 PM UTC-5, OFWW wrote:

I took the belt off and did not see play in the pulley at the top. I did take off the chuck and still felt some play in the spindle. I'm afraid I wore a bearing when I used the drill press as a sander last year.

That will do it, particulary with the non-industrial quality Craftsman products.....