Have 100+bf african teak to sell

I'm a newbie. snipped-for-privacy@tampabay.rr.com

I have quite a bit of african teak. It's configured in nominal 2" x 6" x 8' boards (mostly) also have some 2 x 7 x 7, 2 x 10 x 7, etc.

Rough sawn, I picked the wood myself, so it's got very little warp or twist. There are a few defects, small knots, that kind of stuff, but virtually no splitting except a little bit at the ends of the boards.

This stuff has been air dried for at least 8 months, but nevertheless remains just a little bit green in the middle. I'm given to believe that teak does not shrink much, so the moisture content should not be a problem, unless you're going to try to glue up a big table top or make a door. This is an unusual plus if you're trying (like I am) to make some furniture that will require bending and steaming.

I need to get at least $8/bf, unless someone wants more than 40bf, and I'll discount some.

Will send from Tampa, FL to just about anywhere, as long as it's not too much of a pain in the butt to get it out.

If someone wants to buy a whole bunch (over 100bf) I may be able to source that too.

Thanks!

Will Pettinger

Reply to
<wpettinger

I have quite a bit of african teak.

Not on my boat, good luck.

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 01:26:06 GMT, "Lew Hodgett" brought forth from the murky depths:

What, you don't LIKE wannabe-zebrawood? ;)

===================================================================== -=Everything in Moderation,=- NoteSHADES(tm) glare guards -=including moderation.=-

Larry Jaques