Has anyone tried the new Porter Cable 371K portable belt sander? Likes/dislikes?

Hi, I'm considering buying a belt sander for occassional use. I have a great planer and jointer but have a need now and again to remove more stock than what a dremel can handle, less than what a full sized belt sander might take off. I always like the idea of having more machine than what I need but I also like being able to maneuver a handheld tool at different angles with out a cherry picker. Full sized belt sanders look beastly. Is the new Porter Cable 371K the answer? Any tests anyone has heard of on it? Does anyone actually have it? Of those who do, how does it compare with a full-sized sander? Does it feel like it'll break down after a year or so?

Any thoughts about the sander are welcome. I ask (like a substitute asking for a class of rowdy kids to not throw airplanes) that if there are disagreements, please use fact versus opinion in your arguements and realize that 99.999999% of the time you're not going to convince someone else to change a deep seated position with a few crafty words on the internet.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice!

Reply to
Chrisgiraffe

I have been looking longingly at that one as well. It seems like it would would be just what the doctor ordered in certain situations. Unless someone convinces me otherwise, I'm planning to get one right after Christmas.

Reply to
Charlie M. 1958