Dayton 6X48 Belt Sander

I picked up a Dayton 6X48 belt sander at a garage sale recently. It's in great shape but short the table. The sander looks exactly like my neighbors Craftsman and uses the same cam type adjustment for the belt but the fittings are metric and the shaft that supports the table is just a hair smaller than the Craftsman. I could drill/bore out the casting to use a Craftsman table but would rather not if I could locate metric table mounting hardware. I checked the Granger web site but didn't see any thing related to ordering parts. Does anyone know where I might find parts for this critter??? Does Dayton have a web site?? Rob Mills ~~

Reply to
Rob Mills

The repair parts link is at the top of the page at

When you follow the link, if you have the model # of your grinder, you will be able to enter it and maybe bring up a parts diagram online. They also have a toll free number 1-800-323-0620 for their spare parts operation.

Reply to
lwasserm

Reply to
Rob Mills

Don't give up because of the web page. Give Grainger a call on Monday. They are usually pretty good about parts.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

. I could drill/bore out the casting to use a

Rob Mills

If it is convenient and the hole is long enough a reamer wold be the way to go. Some of them will follow the bore.

Bob AZ

Reply to
Bob AZ

I have an old model Dayton floor model drill press. I e-mailed them with the info on the press and in about 3 days I received a .tif atachment from them with an apology for taking so long. Can't beat that.

Virgle

Reply to
Virgle