Has anybody got an opinion on this Grizzly dust collector?

's on sale right now. I have a small basement shop. 12" planer, Router table, 6" jointer, Table Saw, Miter Saw. Think this would be appropriate?

Thanks, Jim

Reply to
jtpr

I think 500cfm is a bit on the low side. I have a similar delta model with 1.5hp motor. It's 1100cfm iirc. If I were to buy a dust collector today, I would add more money and get a cyclone type DC. Having said all that, It would probably work fine for the tools you mention. If you had a bigger planer or a drum sander, I would worry more.

brian

Reply to
brianlanning

500 cfm is low. It would probably be OK with a _short_ flexible hose connection to _one_ tool at a time.
Reply to
Art Greenberg

Hi Jim,

I would suggest you save your money for a larger unit. I have this one:

it performs very well. I believe you might find the 1HP version to be too small.

Regards.

jtpr wrote:

Reply to
shooter

That's exactly the response I was going to make! I agree with Jim.

Reply to
No

14a is pretty respectable; maybe they are just being honest on the CFM.

It should be fine for your router table, planer, and jointer. Don't expect it to do much of anything for your table saw or miter saw I have a 2hp and it does a mediocre job on the MS; I don't even bother with it on the TS.

Understand that the bag will not catch much dust. Your tools are throwing mostly chips, but if you stick on a sander you better wear a dust mask.

Reply to
Toller