dust extraction

Hi All, I am starting to set up my new work place, I am looking for some plans or any idea's to make a home made dust extractor unit, it will have to cope with a table saw, planer, belt sander, band saw, miter saw and my router table. The room I have is roughly 8 x 8 metres and 2.5 high, so any help would be greatly appreciated, I have two work benches in a L shape in the corner along the walls 90" x 24" with the miter saw and planer on them and a 70" x 30" router table in the middle of the room and another small work bench with the band saw and drill press on it. thanks Eddie

Reply to
Eddie

Unless you are building a cyclone-type system, to be honest, its probably not even worth making your own dust extractor. Just grab one of the 2HP units from grizzly or even Harbor Freight. It wouldnt be worth the hassle to make your own in my opinion?? Guess it depends if you can get the materials to make one for next to nothing?

Reply to
Woodie

See Shopnotes Volume 3 Issue 13. It has detailed plans to construct a cyclone and filter box. The plans use a Reliant 1 HP motor, which is barely adequate for a small shop. After buying all the materials it can easily be more expensive than buying a Penn State 2 HP DC. If you plan on any overhead piping go for at least a 2.5 HP unit. In any event, plan for a remote control--I can kick myself for not getting a remote in earlier years.

Reply to
Phisherman

Reply to
Eddie

I have been looking into this as I will be building a workshop when I build my house and some of the best information is at

short version is cheep does not keep you safe, use a well powered Cyclone keep the collector from overfilling and either blow the fine dust outside if you can or get a good filter stack

Reply to
Jerome Meekings

Eddie.. this might give you some help on ducting:

mac davis