Harbor Freight Variable Speed Multitool- $50

That's the single speed. The coupon is for the variable speed.

Reply to
-MIKE-

The single speed unit has that same exact mounting system.

Reply to
salty

I don't know what "the King" is, but the HF unit is great. Once you have it, it will get used a lot more than you think. You will find yourself tackling things you previously would have skipped over. Sort of like what happens when you first learn to weld.

Reply to
snotty

On Mar 15, 9:56=A0am, "Lee Michaels" wrote: Doesn't the variable speed model have a more secure way of holding the

That's what I'd heard here.

I have several PC293's (? basic modlerouters) with on/off switches. One Christmas, I bout the VS model on sale and it crapped out within months. So I traded it in for one with the simple on/off switch and it has survived (like its brother) for years and years.

I think that, If I wnated to slow the thing down, I'd invest in an external VS controller.

By the way, why would I want to slow it down?

Reply to
Hoosierpopi

If you're talking about a router... it's my understanding that larger diameter bit shouldn't be run at the full speed most routers can obtain, like 24k rpm.

Reply to
-MIKE-

I went to HF yesterday with 2 coupons in my pocket. One was for

20% off any purchase and the other for the $80 version of the saw at $49. The 20% applied only to the cheap saw. When I got there, the cheap version was already on sale for $35 and an inquiry learned that the 20% DID apply to that price. I got my single speed version for $28 plus tax and used the 20% off to buy a blade. Not bad at all.

---- Nonny When we talk to God, we're praying, but when God talks to us, we're schizophrenic. What's the deal?

Reply to
Nonny

site existed. The reviews seem pretty fair minded to me.

Reply to
Ike