Happy March 14th!!!!

Enjoy your steak and if you need further explanation, Google is your friend.

jc

Reply to
Joe

and may all your bailouts be successful! :-) and mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

After visiting google I still don't see the connection with steak. Google is saying its Giovanni Schiaparelli's birthday. OK. What about old Al Einstein? He would have been 130 today, and Joe Sixpack might have heard of him.

For me its Pie Day. 3.14. Am headed down the local diner for a nice slice of Dutch Apple.

Reply to
Frank Stutzman

It is Steak and BJ day. Man's answer to Valentines Day. Instead of Dutch Apple, someone gets a cream pie.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I couldn't see the connection to Google either, but upon reflection, I've never needed a special day to eat steak so it doesn't really matter. However, since I'm going out tomorrow with a few friends to celebrate my birthday which is a few days away, from hereon, I designate the Sunday before my birthday as my personal steak day.

Reply to
Upscale

All right boys, this ain't good. I just came from eatin' dinner, and there tweren't no steak on the table! I can't understand it; I even TOLD her what day it was! So naturally, I says "HEY! This here ain't STEAK!" All I got outa that was a dirty look and the silent treatment, and now I've got a bad feeling about the other part...

Reply to
Steve Turner

Consider yourself lucky.

IMHO, Steak = BORING.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

having just had mine (the steak, that is), you obviously have the wrong person cooking it.

Reply to
Joe

And tomorrow is my girl-friends birthday...Beware the Ides of March.

Reply to
user

Beware the Ides of March, for they are upon you in the morning.

Regards,

Tom Watson

Tom Watson

I probably prepare a piece of meat as good as some, better than most.

Preparation isn't the issue.

You can start out with the best marbled and aged steak, marinated or not as you prefer, grilled on a perfect fire, and while you get an edible result, the flavor simply can't compare with other preparation methods for other cuts of beef and as far as pork is concerned, no contest.

Bring on the BBQ.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Actually, 3/14 is my bday as well, which I guess gives me better odds than most!

Reply to
Joe