Happiness is: ?

The new thread on tape measures got me to thinking on some woodshop specific "Happiness is" scenarios ... here's one of my favorites:

Happiness is:

When your apron pocket tape measure, and the tape on your table saw fence, agree to a RCH ... verified repeatedly by each and every cut!

Reply to
Swingman

How about this one:

Happiness is: When you tap that dovetailed joint together and there isn't enough play to slip in a politicians honest streak.

Reply to
Charlie M. 1958

I think I know what the "CH" part means, but the "R" escapes me. Tom, whose happiness may directly correlate to his ignorance.

Reply to
tom

Not woodshop specific, but a lifetime spent in the successful pursuit of measuring the "R" factor would definitely qualify as happiness for many of us wooddorkers. ;)

Let's get back on topic now ...

Reply to
Swingman

I think I know what the "CH" part means, but the

If you have a sufficient and continuosly replaceable supply of RCHs to repeatedly verify that measurement every cut, then I agree that you have found what "happiness is..."

Dave Hall

Reply to
Dave Hall

LOL You left out "variable"!

... for the grass is always red.., errr, greener on the other side of the fence.

Reply to
Swingman

Reply to
Doug Miller

That only tell part of the story. Red is finer than other colors, meaning more accuracy.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

In the last 12 months, adding a 15" stationary planer, 1100 CFM canister dust collector, 22-44 Drum sander, LT16-HD Laguna BS, and a very large tool chest to ones garage/shop and ending up with more room to work than I started with.

Reply to
Leon

When you shake out your new load of #2 Common and find enough figured wood to complete a job that you've had in the back of your mind for almost five years.

Regards,

Tom Watson (Fairly Unbalanced)

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

Reply to
Swingman

But does a RCH maintain that accuracy it turns gray? Or is it necessary to start over with a new supply source?

Reply to
Larry Kraus

We always said it was "Royal".

Finer by definition.

Regards,

Tom Watson (Fairly Unbalanced)

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

In my bachelor years, I made the interesting discovery that "red' can be of differing thicknesses.

Max (ah, those young years)

Reply to
Max

"Leon" wrote

A new Oneida Super Gorilla dust collector. It really sucks.

Max

Reply to
Max

When you explain to SWMBO that you really do need a new tool and she understands why.

Allen

Reply to
Allen Roy

I always found true blonde to be the finest definable measurement to me...

Happiness is the end of the job, happy clients, check in hand, and everyone paid. Going to my buddy's shop to sit around his woodburning stove on a cold night and take in a stogie and some good bourbon.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Sounds like it was almost worth missing a good gumbo for?

Reply to
Swingman

Swingman wrote: | The new thread on tape measures got me to thinking on some woodshop | specific "Happiness is" scenarios ... here's one of my favorites: | | Happiness is:

After four years of slowly going broke making and trying to sell an out-of-the-mainstream product ... having a positive mention in a magazine article trigger a sudden onslaught of orders (not from the expected home owners - but from home builders).

Morris Dovey

It seems the trick is putting all the large stationary equipment on mobile bases and along the walls. Hopefully you will be sucking soon with a new shop. ;~)

Reply to
Leon