Happiness is: ?

I don't post on the subject often, but I do think of her *every* time I go up or down the stairs. I'm approaching 50 years old, and based on your posts now *ALWAYS* use the handrail going up and down. If something takes two hands, screw it, find another way. Keep one hand on the rail at all times. If it still takes two hands, screw it twice. I aint gonna take it up or down the stairs.

I know it's probably no consolation, but what happened to your sister has affected my daily life. I think of her all the time (each time up and down the stairs.) I hope somehow this is a benefit to her, and the rest of y'all.

My prayers (of whatever dubious benefit) are with you.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Mark Jerde wrote: [snip]

So do I, so do I.

..to think of the times I would be working late and making a snack and taking it on a plate in one hand, a mug of something in the other, maybe a utensil clenched in my teeth.....down my office-stairs. I don't do that any more. Every time I see my kid flying down the stairs from her flat to the main floor. no hand rails used.. no feet.. no problem. litterally flying. I cringe.

Reply to
Robatoy

That's good news. Hang in there.

TomNie

Reply to
Tom Nie

I was just thinking the other day about how much time, energy, money, etc we males spend over our lives chasing that. And then, if we catch it, there's a lifetime of maintenance costs. If that's not the #1 happiness factor, then we're sure wired wrong.. I mean, any tool pales in comparison.. you just have to pay once and then it dutifully serves with no questions asked.

Reply to
bf

I would jump in with some question about tools, and one of those every-guy-likes-it acts, and ask what guy in his right mind would trade the satisfaction of owning a tool for that. But then I considered that some of you guys have dust collectors...

Reply to
Mike Marlow

When both your WWII's come back from Forrest after sharpening and as good as new!

(A good case could be made that procrastinators really need three.)

Reply to
Swingman

Hey, that brings up a question that has puzzled me. As a fairly novice woodworker, when DO you need to get your blade sharpened? How do you know?

Reply to
busbus

You'll know. When take a bit more effort pushing the wood, the cut is not as smooth as you remember it, you get a bit of splintering, or you just cut a couple of nails in half.

I sent a few blades to Ridge Carbide Tool in New Jersey. Two came back as good as new, the third one better than new. Although none were made by Ridge, they sharpen any brand.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@k78g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...> Hey, that brings up a question that has puzzled me. As a fairly novice

What did they charge you?

Reply to
Lou

You could, of course, go to their website were they have a price list.

Reply to
CW