Handwheels for Craftsman table saw

Would like to replace my plastic hand wheels on the 15yr old Craftsman table saw. About a year ago Sears offered replacement wheels on their website, but they are no longer available. Any suggestions? Are after market hand wheels by other manufacturers compatible with my saw?

matt

Reply to
Matt

bdeditch

Try here:

for handwheel

JJS

Matt wrote:

Reply to
No-One

I had the same problem with my Craftsman saw. The plastic ones disintegrated and I called Sears in Canada with the part number. They had replacements in stock and were $17 each. I grabbed a pair

However the real story is that they were 10 times better. They were cast (aluminium?), had handles that were mounted on a slippable bolt, and had a set screw to tighten on the flat of the shaft.

The local Sears warehouse outlet has more of them and I'm pretty sure they'd ship to the US if asked. I can give more details if you need them.

Tanus

Reply to
Tanus

Thanks for the info. I will give them a call with the part number and see what happens.

Tanus wrote:

Reply to
Matt

Reply to
Anon Ymous

You can always construct one. Shopnotes had an article about making all kinds of knobs for shop use. I'm sure you can make one from some scrap lumber, maybe better than OEM. I use pallet wood for these kinds of projects (walnut, oak, cherry, maple, hickory, etc.) It can't be too difficult. I like to use a lacquer spray from a can--dries fast, cheap and looks/wears good.

Reply to
Phisherman

You might also try Grizzly. They have handwheels for sale as well. Obviously you'll have to check the keyway size etc.... but they may work. Cheers, cc

Reply to
James "Cubby" Culbertson

Reply to
Rob Mills